January 21, 2010

Women Everywhere....

Everywhere I've been, I've met ladies that have became clients of mine.   With each of these ladies the underlying situation is pretty much the same,
but the surface is all that I am required to deal with. Although some need help in the head beyond the hair (oh gosh I hope some of my clients don't read this based on what I am about to share unfortunately I am not a licensed physician. I try so hard to educate my ladies about their hair, so they can just learn more about the hair that God gave them to take care of. It's like to most of the women I know they they really hate their hair. I hate when they whine and act so desperate, as if they are dying to get a short notice appointment, because they are spoiled rotten, and are high ranking officers or wealthy. I always have encouraged the ladies to schedule their appoints before they leave, to avoid the problem, of not being able to get in when they really need to. I am their therapist, hair dresser and their sister lol. I am constantly saying "girl stop stressin! Cause it's showing in your hair".  They don't realize, for a person like me that has been doing hair for almost 20 years.  That I can pretty much tell a lot about a person's life style, diet, hygeine, and income by the head...lol! It's true, just like by the way someone wears their hair or the names they have for some of these styles, you can kind of tell where they are from.  It's like another language, that all people know but don't realize they know it because they never thought of it that way.  So when hair is like your life, your bread and butter.. Yeah you tend pay more attention, that's what we get paid for.

So as I mentioned earlier about all the ladies pretty much being the same underneath, is because, it's true, no matter what ethnicity they are.  I have had some white clients, corporate, that are just as foul mouth, freaky, and hood as the hood girl from the hood.  But you'll never know just by looking at her.  Also there is this group of tall leggy beautiful flight attendants that come to me, all lesbians, but you'll never know.  One said "that is how we get away with meeting all those fine wealthy men in first class"..lol.  I say go ahead with your bad self haha!  I'm in the wrong business.  Although they are suppose to keep it professional. They still get away with exchanging numbers.  I know these women get paid by the way they're living.  I know I'm in the wrong business!  Not just one paid off luxury car, three, four, five cars.  Homes with five car garages.... Paid off!  So I ask, why are you still a flight attendant if you have everything and paid off.  Ones tells me, more money more problems, and another says, so they can keep the wealth flowing. After that I realized the pretty side has an ugly side. I was beginning to think that they dont have much upstairs, so I guess you gotta use what you got.

Remember the saying The goes "the grass isn't always greener on the other side?" Well recently a dear friend of mine finished it by saying that "if you nurture your own, it will be just as green".  I LOVE THAT!!! I hold on dearly to that.  That and,"When you are confused, upset, and don't know what to do, don't move, sit still and don't do anything". The reason being, is because when you act on impuse you can make a sticky situation even stickier. I relate that with trying to get out of a spider web.

No comments:

Post a Comment