September 20, 2012

A Foodie for Good Hair

Don't eat this don't eat that! this is good for you, this isn't!  Gosh I mean really as much as I would like to eat organic and all natural all the time.  It just isn't always available.  I guess they figure if you really want to eat good you would go out of your way, pay good money and get little for a lot, or starve! ha.   I am serious about my hair and skin, but I will go thru the drive thru of Mcdonalds at least once a week for the kiddos and sometime while waiting in that long line, I think about ordering a salad or just a smoothie.  However half way to order, I am half way in between healthy and the big mac.  I would then order the fish fillet meal with a unsweet ice tea.  What can I say, sista loves to eat!I  At least I got the fish instead of the big mac. So anyway I went and got the flax seeds and oil.  I have soy powder sitting in my pantry that I don't know what to do with.  I am hoping one day I will remember to get the rest of the ingredients to make my red bean sherbet that I usually from Omart ( oriental market)
yummy!

I also have tapioca pearls, lots of jello, beets for my juicer to juice with my carrots.  I love that drink.  I think I need to invest in that ninja juicer. Isn't that the one that Montell is the spokeman for in the infomercial?  Yeah cause I have that big bulky Jack Lalanne juice man juicer.  That was the ish when it first came out until I bought it.  I was like no way in hell will be going thru that cleaning process every day let alone twice a day!  Oh but I'm tracking, I always ask someone I see with long beautiful hair "what do you eat" and take mental notes.   I know some people I ask that are of a different ethnicity from me look and think to their self "black people don't grow long hair.  UM EXCUSE MEEE!!!







 And yes it's all hers and relaxed too!
So before anyone speaks they need to not think ignorant!  Anyway, so at one time I was obsessed with the mamey that I even wanted to grow the tree to harvest fruit.  A tender in 8b climate zone here in Texas? Ha... That's a gas and was a waste of money.  So I got real excited when I found the fruit at our local super red neck market only here in Texas.  I was so happy, mamey sapote is packed with antioxidant poly-phenolic compounds which help prevent cancer and heart disease.   Oh there is this purple yam.  If you have tried a taro boba drink then you have tasted the purple yam.  I don't know why they call if taro drink but any who.  This is what it looks like
It's good and good for you


 
They make all sorts of treats with this yam for its distinctive color. You go ube!!

The purple yam also known as the ube is very popular in Hawaii and with my husband getting stationed in Hawaii, I get sample some delicious the tropical cuisines.  Yummy!  Can anyone say SEAFOOD GALORE.  I'm in need of some good sea food.  Central Texas sucks when it come to FRESH seafood.  No I have to get  beach  ready and my hair on point, haha!  It's late I wish I could go on.  But I just can't.  I think I will start adding quotes from Buddha.  I will end this post on this note:  Hair will radiate with good health starting with a good diet.  As someone that has been doing hair for many hairs, I can read someone by the head.  I can tell if they are mentally or physically ill.  Take good care of yourself within and your body will thank you by blessing you with beautiful hair  And while eating healthy think out of the box.  Don't be so boring get exotic, you'll stick to it!;-). 

No comments:

Post a Comment