September 24, 2012

Baby hair

I have decided to start this post after a client of mine asked me what did I put on my son's hair.  Well she wasn't the first person to ask.  However what actually made me decide to create  this is because on the separate occasions I had different types of oil in his hair.  I don't like putting anything in his hair with harsh ingredients like alcohol and sulfates.  So to be on the safe side, I tend to stick to natural oils.  People don't like to use shea butter too much because of consistency.  What I do is mush the shea butter into an empty water bottle and then I would add extra virgin olive oil to smooth it out.  Next I would shake it up real good until it is liquidity, not too running, but like lotion.  I don't even buy lotion, I use this concoction and the next oil I'm about to mention which is pure coconut oil.  Here in the states coconut oil caught on real good over the last few years.  But I learned about coconut oil from a former client of mine in 2006.  She told me she gets hers from the Caribbean store we have here in town.  On this particular day when I was doing her hair, I told her that I like the coconut grease from soft touch, and she told me I should use the pure oil that you cook with.  I was like hmmmm.  Good idea.  So ever since then I was hooked.  No matter how many products I buy, the main ones I always have in my collection is shea/ olive oil and organic coconut oil Here is a picture of my baby.







As you can see he has curly African American hair, so I have to be gentle because it is delicate.

Here is a picture of my daughters.  I have been using coconut oil on their hair since they were a baby too.  I find that shea/olive is too heavy for their hair.  Their hair texture is more fine and straight/wavy.  The best coconut oil to use is organic, which I too use on my hair amongst the other many hair products for black women that I use, especially when I straighten it with a blow dryer and flat iron.  I love what it does to my hair, how it feels.  I love the high luster and a little goes a long way.   




No comments:

Post a Comment