November 13, 2012

Bigen Hair Dye Horror!

Like so many, the thought of just adding water to Bigen hair dye gave me the impression that it just had to be "healthier" for my hair. I thought it was all natural and the best solution for covering my premature grays before thoroughly researching it. My hair was bra strap length at the time and I wanted shiny jet black hair. So what I did was the worst thing any body could ever do to their hair, I left the bijen on over night… tss tss tss. Gradually my hair started shedding and shedding. Meanwhile, since I had just had a baby, I thought it was the hormones. My hair was piling up in the sink like a hay stack. You could literally see through my hair to my scalp. I would be sitting there watching television and I could literally feel strands pop from my scalp. Slowly and slowly I was beginning to feel depressed, unsure what was happening. I looked up everything including thyroid conditions, but failed to look up this dye! Finally after being fed up and desperate, I looked up bijen dye and low and behold… I discovered my culprit. Bijen dye is loaded with heavy metals. Although the instruction say to just add water which is much more attractive then the ones you add peroxide to, this dye is much more harmful than the peroxide dye and bleaching combined.

I found many complaints after complaints on this dye. Also I have to say that this is not natural henna. I have talked about natural henna in my other posts. Natural henna comes purely from a plant. Bigen is advertised as being a henna dye but the hair industry has become very deceitful. Like when they sell human hair blend. Anytime it says premium quality human hair, it's a blend. Okay moving on. I go to this forum quite often they have a good thread on Bigen hair dye http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=582903.
I wish I could find the article from a few years where the girl's face had swollen up beyond recognition. Well if I find it I will post it here.

So anyway that was then for me, and it took a lot for me to recover from that episode physically and emotionally. Although my hair is no where near the length that it was, at least it's 100% more healthier, now all it has to do is grow. I like to always keep in mind that it's only hair and hair grows back.

No comments:

Post a Comment