November 5, 2012

My Prepoo Method

Everyone has their own system when it comes to their hair. After all I'm a strong believer in finding something that works for you and going with that. I like to do what my hair likes and what makes my hair feel good cause I know the results are rewarding. My hair is happy, I am happy, we both compliment each other.




My first step- is sectioning my hair with 5 ponytail scrunchies. I like to always use the yarn scrunchies. They help my hair grow by adding the right amount of tension and by not tangling it to aid in growth retention. That's why I always keep those around.


My second step- is to take each section at a time and starting from roots apply the extra virgin olive oil to the scalp working it to the ends. I usually just put 1 cup of olive oil in a cup and dip fingers in cup. Make sure you don't wear important attire, it can get messy.

My third step is to massage the scalp and hair.

The final step- is putting the plastic cap on sitting under a bonnet hair dryer for 15 minutes or you can chose to just leave cap on for a couple of hours with heat. It's up to you. Then shampoo, condition, and style as usual.


As you begin to take really good care of your hair, you begin to learn different ways of caring for it which works best for your hair. Oh and another thing, you can use any oil that you desire.  Another one of my favorites for prepooing is coconut oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment